Thursday, June 07, 2007

This Is As Close As Barry Bonds Will Ever Get To Holding The World Series Trophy In Glorious Triumph

I've mentioned before how I work in a baseball card shop, and today my employment in a card shop has given me inspiration to post yet again. I present to you,




Barry Bonds, World Series MVP, World Series Champion.

We were looking through old stacks of mail in my boss' office and happened upon this. Suffice it to say, the Garret Anderson version probably resulted in more orders. To be honest, though, I'm not sure exactly what they're trying to sell. Is it a bobblehead? Is it a doll of some sort? Who knows. Whatever it is, it delighted me to see images of Barry Bonds in a World Series Champion cap and t-shirt.

However, it also painfully reminded me of the 2002 World Series, the most decisive lose-lose series I've ever watched in any sport in my life. At least it was good baseball, I guess.

Still, now is not the time to lament that ill-conceived series. Now is the time to laugh at Barry Bonds and companies that produce their championship memorabilia (or, at least, their championship memorabilia advertisements) in advance. Laugh away, readers. Laugh away.

No comments: